Friday, March 02, 2007

Bastards & Hudson

I finally got to watching some TV last weekend. I Caught this HBO documentary by Antoine Fuqua, Bastards of the Party. It's a look into how racism birthed the Inner City LA gangs, how the demise of the 60's black political movements - The Panthers and US Movement - seeded the notorious Crips and Blood Gangs in Los Angeles and how the Feds, Reganomics and the South American drug cartels pitched in to nuture them. There were chilling parallels for me with the situation back in the Good City with Taliban, Mungiki et al.

Msanii is back with a banging podcast. Fika hapo speedi. Great value for 77 minutes of your life.

And sexcapades at the Nation Media Group read like an unedited David Maillu script. Courtesy of Mentalacrobatics.

Was it me it, or did it feel good to see The Yonce get showed up by Miss Jennifer Hudson on Oscar Night? I hope her LP will be fuego coz I'm rooting for her, before she really goes diva.

Caught a few performances recently. Pharaohe Monch's new material is nice, we'll see what the market thinks. The new single Desire is fire. He still puts it down on stage. Sean P is always a treat. Doesn't really get any better for the those who want to see wordsmiths. Saigon has buzz and some good songs but his stage game is wanting. But he's only a hit away from all that.

A great weekend y'all. I'll be prowling the Planet of Brooklyn peddling beats. Mia mia! Beba na Soh!

Morale.

======================================

4 comments:

Klara said...

I thought she looked lovely too!!

Makanga said...

Yeah she is a cutie

Anonymous said...

I keep getting bastards of the party half all the time, caught his interview on fox though. SMH at oreily trying to corner ol' boy...

Good looks on the props, got that I'ma hit you tonite...

Anonymous said...

I agree.. she's really cute.. Kwanza the dress... I could borrow it for a night... :D