Friday, August 04, 2006

Freeky Furahiday: part wahed

I Can't Believe I'm Doing This...

A few thangs off the Christina Aguilera Album Back to Basics. (Links subject to disappear)

Part of the album was produced by DJ Premier, one of the greatest hip-hop producers dead or alive (he also produced her current single, Aint No Other Man). Which naturally is why I'm even bothered to seek out these hewas. Under normal circumstances I would be ducking the other way from a Aguilera CD, vidoles in my ears like..."lalalalalala....I can't hear you....."

Premier brings the signature stripped down boom bap sound he's respected for while Miss Dirrty plays second fiddle vizuri. It may be the boldest thing in Pop music this year. I'm curious to see how this album does. I'm not necessarily floored by these tracks but what kind of man would I be if I didn't share.

Anyhoo, enjoy:

Intro (Back to Basics)

Slow Down Baby

Back in the Day

Still Dirrty

A slammin Members Day & Caribana Weekend to you all.

No comments: